Sunday 12 March 2017

# Lifestyle

5 Shows To Watch On Netflix

Last year I wrote a blog post called 10 Films To Watch On Netflix and people seemed to really like it, so I thought I would do a similar post about shows on Netflix.  I love Netflix shows especially ones that are Netflix originals and aren't shown anywhere else.  

Here are 5 of my favourites (in no particular order)


Pretty Little Liars 


I'm starting this list off with a show I'm sure everyone is familiar with, Pretty Little Liars. This show has been around since 2010 but I was so late to the party and only started watching it in 2015. I binged watched all 6 series over the course of a month and was hooked. I love the twists in this and every-time I thought I worked out who A was, something else happened which eliminated my theory. The show is ending this year (insert crying face emoji) but in a way I'm not too sad because it was starting to get a little repetitive.


Orange Is The New Black


Another show I'm sure everyone is familiar with is the Netflix original Orange Is The New Black. OITNB is set in a women's prison and is about the life of Piper who is sentenced for a drug charge. There are currently 4 seasons with season 5 being released in June this year (I cannot wait) The only downside is they release all the episodes at once, so once you've binge watched them all you'll have to wait a year for the next season. The theme song is also hella catchy and you'll find yourself singing it for days.


Making A Murderer


Making A Murderer is one of the best documentaries I have seen in a long time. I watched it when it first got released and it made me so angry. It tells the true story of Steven Avery who spent 18 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He is then freed but is jailed again, this time for the murder of Teresa Halbach. I feel like he is innocent and the police have it in for him, because the evidence just doesn't add up (watch it and make your own mind up though.)  Recently his nephew Brendan Dassey was released from prison and Netflix have said that season 2 will be out later this year, which I cannot wait for.


Riverdale


Riverdale is one of Netflix's newest shows. The first episode came out in January, however I only started watching it 2 days ago, but I'm already hooked. I just love all the characters although my fave is probably Jughead (Cole Sprouse need I say more?)  It is based on the Archie comics and is set in the town of Riverdale, where there are secrets bubbling underneath the surface. The main plot is who killed Jason Blossom and so far everyone I've guessed has been wrong. If you're a Pretty Little Liars fan, I think you will love Riverdale as they're quite similar.


A Series Of Unfortunate Events


The show completing my list is A Series Of Unfortunate Events. This is another new show that Netflix has released this year, and is based on the Lemony Snicket books. The first season adapts the first 4 books with 2 more seasons planned to adapt the rest of the books. It stars Neil Patrick Harris (who is amazing) as Count Olaf who is after the Baudelaire children's fortune. He pretends to be a distant relative to care for them, after their parents "perish in a fire." This brings back fond memories of me reading the books when I was younger, and I would highly recommend everyone to watch it.


What are your favourite shows to watch on Netflix?

No comments:

Post a Comment