Sunday 12 February 2017

# Beauty # Reviews

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review

I've wanted to try the NYX Lip Creams for so long. So imagine my excitement when I walked into my local Boots store to see that they finally had an NYX counter. I was in heaven and wanted to buy absolutely everything, but until I win the lottery that's not going to happen.

I finally settled on 2 lip creams. One in the shade Istanbul (SMLC06) and another in the shade Monte Carlo (SMLC10)


I love how moisturising these feel on my lips. I've tried other similar products and they've left my lips feeling really dry, so straight away I am obsessed with these. I love the sponge tip applicator as well as it makes applying so quick and easy.



Istanbul is a warm pink colour. It can take a while to set but once set it lasts for a long time and transfers minimally. One thing I love about this shade is that it has a slight scent to it, it's quite sweet like a vanilla cupcake which if you love sweet scents is perfect. Like any lip product this does need reapplying throughout the day, but when it did start fading it wasn't that noticeable on me.



Monte Carlo is probably my favourite out of the 2 lip creams I purchased. It's a gorgeous red colour (I'm a sucker for a red lip) and doesn't dry my lips out. It dries to a matte finish and like Istanbul lasts for a long time, but does need reapplying throughout the day. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget/looking for a cheaper alternative to a red lipstick.


Overall my first impressions of NYX are positive and I can't wait to purchase more lip creams and other products from this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment